Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Single-Payer Healthcare Is Within Reach!

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

With the never-ending Threat of repealing the ACA, it is NOW imperative that we demand this nonsense end!

I had a long talk this week with my Senator's aides this week. I was born during the hardest of times (1934) where the majority were suffering from the oligarchy of those times.

Rich and privileged Franklin Roosevelt won the USA presidency and established regulations that protected the great majority of US and we saw prosperity for our great society, .......security, opportunity for most of US. Then equality for ALL of US and now I see those great strides being dismantled day by day.

I am saddened to see my children under threat of losing everything because Healthcare is so costly today, under control of  the private Insurance Industry.

There is no reason we can't have Universal healthcare in our country like ALL the other compassionate Countries in our world today.

The RICH and very comfortable do NOT need more millions and billions of dollars with ANOTHER hefty tax break for them! WE pay enough taxes today to have Medicare for ALL and our Representatives and Senators are supposed to be working for WE, The People NOT the lobbyists who frame our laws for the greedy wealthy who control them now!

So it is NOW UP TO We The People!

WE should make our signs and walk around our reps & senators offices, 24 hours a day, to REMIND them they work for US and though we have HB276 in the House of Represenatives with 104 co-sponsers our Senators NEED such a bill and began educating US about Medicare for ALL. 

So I urge everyone to read this and TALK to everyone about this article:

Single-Payer Is Within Reach: What You Need to Know About the Bill for Improved Medicare for All 

The House version of their American Health Care Act (AHCA) has been so heavily criticized that even President Trump says it is too harsh. Republican Senators are currently negotiating their version in secret to avoid too much scrutiny. So far, the Republicans are far from reaching consensus on how to proceed. The people of the United States, on the other hand, are clear on the solution to the health care crisis that they support and are organizing from coast to coast to make it a reality.

The public demand for a National Improved Medicare for All single-payer health care system in the United States is stronger than it has been in decades.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/40932-single-payer-is-within-reach-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-bill-for-improved-medicare-for-all

All the healthcare employees can work in the Tourist Industry because ALL will have a few bucks to enjoy life when we have Medicre for all

Two thumbs up for the article and look for the upcoming series

Sunshine and happiness for ALL

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

I've been contacting friends and Truth out About the NEW 2017 Medicare proposed bill of Representative John Conyers;

HR 676

Here is what I find:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/676/text

WE can get this on the table when there is enough action to make our Reps and Senators realize WE need this.

I just called and donated to Truth Out (phone # 877 766 6476) for their newsletter and will be getting more info which I'll post on this thread. Hoping you contact and help educate people about Medicare for ALL.

WE CAN make it happen!

Posted · Report post

thanks, Mag

Here is Physicians for National Healthcare organization

http://www.pnhp.org/print/11000

Imagine, Savings on paperwork alone would be " 504 Billion" !

Edited by Magi2
spelling

Posted · Report post

So folks, LOOK what the g o p has wraught with their trump/ryan/ mcconnell CRUEL Bill to deny US what WAS an affordable healthcare plan!

A

n e-mail from Senator Bernie Sanders today (6/24/2017)

Magi

This is literally insane.

Senate Republicans are talking about passing a bill that impacts one-sixth of the American economy, that touches every single American family, and it is going through a process where perhaps a dozen Republicans are the only people in America who know what’s in this bill. They’ve kept it secret, kept it hidden, and now at the last possible second are going to rush it before the U.S. Senate to get a vote.

It’s a disgrace.

They call it a health care bill, but how can it be a health care bill when it throws 23 million people off of insurance, slashes Medicaid, and defunds Planned Parenthood? God knows what the implication of this legislation will be on our children, the elderly, and those with chronic illness.

Sometimes you have a hard time understanding what kind of world these guys are living in.

Time is running out. It is up to all of us to act in an unprecedented way. We have to think big and do everything humanly possible to make sure this horrendous piece of legislation does not become law.

So this week, I am going back on the road to visit states where there are Republican Senators who can and should vote to stop this moral abomination. I will be in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia on Saturday and Sunday. I will be talking about how unspeakable it would be to throw millions of people off of health insurance and in the same bill give tax breaks to the rich and multinational corporations. We will share the stories of people who will be impacted by this bill.

But I will also be asking why is it that the United States is the only major country on earth that does not guarantee health care to all of its people as a right. I will be asking why we pay far more per capita than any other nation for health care with worse outcomes and the highest prices for prescription drugs.

AND I will be discussing the Medicare-for-All, single-payer legislation that I WILL SOON BE INTRODUCING IN THE UNITED STATES SENATE.

But I cannot do it alone. I need your help.

Please call your Senators Monday & ask them to co sponser Senator Sander's Medicare for all bill

If you've saved your payment information wit

Just a repeat in case you missed this Huffpo article about why most of our congress-people do NOT even mention HR676!

This will open one's eyes as to why this is kept under wraps, guys:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/we-must-demand-medicare-for-all_us_58c6b690e4b0c3276fb78758

First few paragraphs:

"By now, it should be clear that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats care at all about you. The GOP (Greedy Old Party) has always been known to be the enemy of the regular Joe, but we had been deluded into thinking the Democrats were the Party of the People. Wrong. If you are not among the super-wealthy, they want to kill you.

Republicare, (or what some are calling DonTCare), the proposed program to replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA, or Obamacare), is essentially a gift to the insurance and pharmaceutical industries; and it’s about to kill an estimated 44,000 people a year. Nearly 30 million Americans will lose their coverage by 2019 if the ACA is repealed."

skip

please read this article for the sake of OUR POCKET BOOKS, mental health and LIVES!

No fake news here

Please support Senator Bernie Sanders who is about to propose a Medicare for ALL bill in the Senate

Edited by Magi2

...and the DINOs (democrats in name only) KEEP working for Corporate America instead od WE, THE People:

Consider this article about Senator Elizabeth Warren:

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/elizabeth-warren-the-next-step-is-single-payer-health-care/

WASHINGTON — Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Tuesday that opposing the Republican health-care bill wasn’t enough and the Democratic Party should start running on a new national single-payer plan.

“President Obama tried to move us forward with health-care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” she told The Wall Street Journal. ”Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single payer.”

skip

I'm so glad people are protesting trump/ryan/mcconnell NONSENCE

Getting out of the Insurance stranglehold to give them 15 BILLION profits annually while most of US are paying enormous co-pays trying to stay alive is disasterous for 80% of US! 

THE time to act is NOW!

Time to look at what other countries are doing with their universal Healthcare & pick  OUR plan:

THE best way!

Time for "The American Dream" again to happen!

Edited by Magi2

Thanks to HONEST Senators Lisa Murkowski Susan Collins & John McCain we can begin a sane debate for decent, affordable Healthcare for WE The People after almost 8  LONG years of republican censorship!

So here's Truth to start US paving the way.

video AND  written reasoning:

https://www.sandersinstitute.com/blog/health-care-research-paper-delivered-to-congress

Edited by Magi2