Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If men could have children......

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I Dont have much to say here,just that if men could get pregnant,most of these so-called "pro-life"men in the government&all over who are trying to get rid of a womans right to choose would consider abortion a sacrament,a precious freedom!You all know its true!

Posted · Report post

without question

Posted · Report post

HillaryClinton succinctly summarized the conservative view of women when she called upon front-running GOP whackjob Donald Trump to stop "cherishing" women and start "respecting" them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-blasts-donald-trump-over-womens-issues-new-hampshire-n422361

Men having children? If that should become an option during my lifetime, I think I'll pass.

I'll continue respecting women for making that choice and commitment. That's probably also my laziness talking.

Posted · Report post

And instead of trying to destroy planned parenthood,they would view it as a gift from the gods!

Posted (edited) · Report post

All we need to do, really, is to get the evangelical cultists to actually read the Bible.  The Bible describes women getting abortions and using birth control, and does not condemn it.  When Jesus was born, these three wise-asses came from the east, bearing gifts of gold, frankincense, and birth control - uh, just what do you think myrrh is, anyway?  Swallowed, it induces abortion.  Applied to the vagina, it is a highly effective spermicidal agent.  It really works!  To this day, hundreds of millions of women around the world, especially in southern Asia, Eurasia, and Africa use myrrh as their primary form of b.c.

And as to my description of evangelicals being cultists, I stand behind that.  See, a cult typically has a charismatic leader who comes up with a new religion, or a new view of an existing religion.  Like, see, this Darby fool, an English preacherman in the 1800s who completely rewrote the Bible; the founder of evangelicalism.  Egregious examples:  There is not a single word in the Bible about any so-called Rapture.  Nor of an Anti-Christ who will take over the world and rule as a tyrant for seven years, leading the world to Armageddon (a misspelling in its own right:  The proper name is Har Megiddon, a valley in Israel where more battles have been fought than in anywhere else in the world.)  And the evangelicals are out there looking for a literal beast with seven heads and seven horns.  As everyone in the world who is not an evangelical knows, this was actually an illusion to Rome, the City of Seven Hills (horns); the Apocalypse was written at the time of Nero, the seventh emperor (head of state, you know).

The evangelicals scream the Bible is the literal word of god, yet then they ignore it.  Example:  The Bible condemns any woman who uses two threads on one garment to be stoned to death.  Oh yeah?  And when your wife gave you / when you gave your husband a garment made of 50% cotton and 50% polyester, why was no stoning in the offing?  Aren't you a proper evangelical?  Grab them rocks!

And the Bible out-and-out lies at times:  Under Solomon, Israel became a great empire.  Oh, yeah?  Listen, all of Israel's neighbors had this thing called an "alphabet."  And they all recorded every time they had been conquered.  Example, such as when the Assyrians conquered Israel, recorded in the Bible.  Not a one recorded having ever been conquered by Israel.

And Solomon himself?  May never have lived.  See, kings of the day built great monuments to themselves.  No such monument in Israel.  Not a single artifact has ever been found bearing his name.  Not just in Israel, either:  The people of the day recorded the names of the surrounding kings.  The Bible names many, such as Ramses and Hiram and many more.  Why did the neighbors never record the name of Solomon?  Or of David, another who may never have lived.

The only evidence of Solomon is indirect:  The Queen of Sheba was a historical person; she really lived.  And her people recorded she had visited a great prince to the west, staying for several years and having several children with him.  But did not record the name of the prince, nor of his kingdom.

The only evidence of David is a single stele bearing the inscription "The House of David."  Doesn't say he was king.  Just that there was indeed someone named David who lived in Israel in the day.

Edited by Tom's Fork

Posted · Report post

The Bible historically inaccurate? Who saw that coming?;)

People are always going to believe what they've been led to or want to believe. As I've said before, religious beliefs are a fine thing until the believers go into militaristic convert mode. Take the Spanish Inquisition and ISIS as examples. Zealots are never convinced that their religious flavor is anything but universal.

Posted · Report post

The bible is a tool created by men to manipulate,control&divide people(and of course,to make money off of,as well!).Its amazing to me how many people,including evangelicals&such,who are always rambling on about how wicked people are,knowing that the bible was written by men take it not with a grain of salt,but without question!Even my best freind of 24 years is only now recently im afraid becoming one of them.He says yes the bible was written by men,but they were inspired by god,as they say in the bible,so it must be true.In trying to make a point,i told him i could tell the world that elvis didnt die back in 77,that hes been living at my crib ever since,but just because i said so doesnt mean its true!Im with you REberg,i dont care what peoples religious beliefs are,its when they try to impose it on others or such that i take issue then.Me,im agnostic.Even if i may believe in god,i still dont believe in the bible,as its full of lies,contradictions,glorification of violence&killings,&hatred,including towards women.

Posted · Report post

Reb, somehow I missed your reply to this post.  Mea culpa, so they say.

You say you're an agnostic.  I am something which really doesn't have a name:  I'm deeply spiritual, but cannot conceive of a god/gods sitting around in the sky throwing lightning bolts around.  There is something going on I don't understand, but it ain't lightning bolts created by the will of god.

There was a survey done among scientists several years ago:  One in five scientists who describe themselves as atheists also describe themselves as deeply spiritual.  Guess I'm not the only one who has trouble visualizing grey-bearded old farts throwing lightning bolts, but still believes there's something going on out there.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

old topic, I know, A bit sensitive (to me, anyway) funny in the Trump regards, I mean ;come on, the man is all pro east-european foreign workers, obviously. His wife has been here for twelve years but she sounds just "out of the airplane"lovely. His daughter talks for women.Women would rather she shut the hell up.

The bible is like the Coran a big old set of rules in which slavery is perfectly regulated. Especially how you can  rape your female slaves. Or servants. If you're such a great man, you can make a pact and start a lineage worthy of Bible and Coran. Generations have taken example. And still do.

Posted · Report post

On the other hand,

if men could have children they may get them in a divorce. And sometimes it's a shame they do not.

Posted (edited) · Report post

And Birth Control would NEVER be threatened again, for SURE!

Edited by Magi2