Talking Trump

311 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Agreed Vii. The question now is whether the Democrats continue to lerch left and alienate disaffected Trump voters or change their tune and pull in the softer Trump Democrats and disgusted ex-Republicans like me by moving away from insane lefty positions.

You know the answer.....

define insane lefty positions.

Posted · Report post

define insane lefty positions.

Yes. "Insane lefty" sounds like an oxymoron; whereas insane righty is redundant. :lol:

Posted · Report post

by moving away from insane lefty positions.

the thing is, as this prez and his admin exemplifies -- there aren't equivalent opposite sides on the left

we are seeing the insane right in Trump, his cabinet, and many of the GOP Primary candidates, including Ben Carson, Sarah Palin, etc.
there are no equivalents on the left
sure, there was Anthony Weiner if you're looking for a deviant, but he expressed sane political opinions

Bernie has extreme positions, but even if you strongly disagree you could not say his ideas are irrational
many countries in the world reflect Bernie's ideology
i can't think of any countries that emulate Trump or Palin ideology -- they are unique to American right-wing (also in both cases - a wing all to their own)

Posted · Report post

Sobering world crises land on Trump's doorstep - CNNPolitics.com

Trump built his fortune and ill-deserved reputation for business success on a con artist's ability to fool some of the people some of the time.
He might have "thought" (using the term loosely) that, with the power of the Presidency, he would be able to fool all of the people all of the time. Instead, the relentless spotlight that comes with the office, has revealed that his vague promises and incoherent mumblings are fooling fewer and fewer people less and less of the time.
This failed con artist is showing the nation and the world daily that he is no leader.

Posted · Report post

Let's see, insane lefty positions....

Sanctuary cities

Inciting class warfare

Inciting race warfare

Inciting gender warfare

Abortion (because nothing says tolerance and love like killing your baby and throwing it in a dumpster like a piece of garbage, like a nice abortion)

Pushing a concept like "white privilege"

English shouldn't be the official language of he US.

Thinking that paying money for "carbon credits" will reverse or at least slow global climate change

(or that global climate change is a disaster, why? The Earth survives climate change all the time.)

Only "whites" (Whatever that means ) can be racist

The worlds ills can all be linked to white racism

Anyone who disagrees with your leftist position is a racist

That somehow keeping GENERATIONS on welfare and government dependence ISN'T somehow racist

"People of Color" somehow can't get it together enough to obtain an ID to vote (and that somehow, that position ISN'T racist)

(Did I mention the obsession with racism?)

Separating and cataloging us into separate groups and emphasizing our differences rather than emphasizing what we all have in common

Gender is fluid

Shall I go on?

Posted · Report post

And I'm not defending insane right wing positions. If they're insane.

Posted · Report post

Trump has an ideology?   What is it other than to worship Trump?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Let's see, insane lefty positions....

Sanctuary cities

a humane idea, not an insane idea. i believe, however, it is not the best idea

Inciting class warfare

you mean "recognizing" class warfare

Inciting race warfare

you mean "recognizing" race warfare

Inciting gender warfare

you mean "recognizing" gender warfare

Abortion (because nothing says tolerance and love like killing your baby and throwing it in a dumpster like a piece of garbage, like a nice abortion)

no one supports abortion.
Libs just don't believe big-gov should throw a woman in jail for making that decision,
and if she does that it should be carried out by a doctor, NOT a dumpster

Pushing a concept like "white privilege"

you mean "recognizing" white priviledge
it's the right who push it

English shouldn't be the official language of he US.

like many, probably most liberals, i believe English should be our official language

Thinking that paying money for "carbon credits" will reverse or at least slow global climate change

it's insane to believe it wouldn't help -- it's insane to believe that's all we must do

(or that global climate change is a disaster, why? The Earth survives climate change all the time.)

this is the most ignorant thing you've ever said. The earth always survives, while there has been many mass extinctions -- we're heading for another

Only "whites" (Whatever that means ) can be racist

no one believes that

The worlds ills can all be linked to white racism

the world's ills are linked to racism

Anyone who disagrees with your leftist position is a racist

i don't believe you're racist because we disagree. i believe your racist because of this post, ie. "he who doth protest too loud"

That somehow keeping GENERATIONS on welfare and government dependence ISN'T somehow racist

it would be stupid, not racist

"People of Color" somehow can't get it together enough to obtain an ID to vote (and that somehow, that position ISN'T racist)

this issue is simply called "the GOP trying to manipulate election turnout"

(Did I mention the obsession with racism?)

you mean, your obsession with racism?

Separating and cataloging us into separate groups and emphasizing our differences rather than emphasizing what we all have in common

liberals emphasis is, indeed, that we are all equal, but we address the ways we are all not treated equal

Gender is fluid

ignorance is fluid

Shall I go on?

if you need more help

Edited by Vii

Posted · Report post

Donald is ever-ready to showcase his incredible stupidity.

Opinion | With his London tweets, Trump embarrasses himself — and America — once again

I don't doubt that his primitive, reptilian "mind" interprets every terrorist attack as an opportunity to divert attention from the investigations into his administration's Russian connections -- even more so with Comey's testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee scheduled this Thursday.

Donald apparently thinks that his promises and court-blocked actions to keep America safe will make us willing to overlook any traitorous actions the investigations may bring to light. Fear kept the Bush administration in power for 8 years, but I don't think it will work for Donald.

Posted · Report post

besides obstruction of justice, how about dereliction of duty?
this president has only defended Putin and Russia and is not at all interested in taking action to protect us from election hacking and threats to our democracy.