Talking Trump

300 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Enjoyed that Reb!

as well as jr's silly "FACTS"!  

:P

Edited by Magi2

indeed, as dictator he might dictate a few things do some good, if it wasn't for all those rich white men in his party who are thrilled at the opportunity to exploit his potential for evil

TPP, excellent
infrastructure stimulus is a no brainer the GOP should have and would have gone along it it hadn't been coming from a black progressive the past 8 years
universal healthcare - not gonna happen with GOP controlling congress and insurance industry controlling GOP

the wall is not a US jobs bill. they'll just have it built from the slave labor side with Mexicans

Edited by Vii

Posted · Report post

Donald's first-week flurry of royal decrees rippling outward will eventually reach and affect those who put him in charge of their lives. Soon, many of his followers are going to experience an epiphanic moment when they realize: “Hey, he’s that guy!”

He’s that guy you will spend all night avoiding at a party because no one told you he would be there. You will risk your life crossing a busy street when you spot him heading your way on a sidewalk.

He’s that guy who speeds along in a closed highway lane, then expects you to let him in when he gets to the barricade. He won’t even bother to use a turn signal as he threatens to push your economy car out of his way with his gas-guzzling, two-story SUV.

He’s that guy who takes a whole cartful of grocery items through the 20-item-limit express checkout while you wait with your 50-pound bag of dog food. He will leave that empty cart in the middle of the parking lot, awaiting the next gust of wind to loft it into your car.

He’s that guy who asks a dumb question at the end of a long, uninformative meeting. He’s that guy who knows things and never hesitates to volunteer his wisdom – at the end of a long, uninformative meeting.

Yup. He’s that guy you should have recognized before you gave him your vote. Now, he’s your guy.

Posted · Report post

actually, that guy i could live with.  in fact, we have lived with them all our lives.

this guy is another animal.  i doubt any of us could name someone quite like him

anyone?

Posted · Report post

THE BEST EXAMPLE OF WHO TRUMP IS
Today he issued an Executive Order demanding that agencies Eliminate At Least 2 Prior Regulations For Every New Regulation.

REGULATIONS exist to protect people. Instead of acting responsibly for all Americans, he is saying that his business interests and the profit margins of any business are a priority over the protection of American citizens by a margin of 2 to 1.

For an (extreme) example: For the EPA to add a nuclear waste regulation they must remove limits on air and water polution at the same time.

This conflict of interest is the same reason this billionaire and some of his billianaire cabinet members are not taking a few hundred thousand in salary. Their influence on policy is worth billions more. Hell, they would have spent millions buying influence in Washington anyway to shape policy. They've simply eliminated the middle man on their path to eliminating the middle-class.

Honest Vii, 

I feel Big Brother is watching this site. Denied AGAIN!

I'll try another way;

We are now owned by Corporate America:

Fascism, with NO Doubt in the least! 

Thanks to the clinton's neo liberal chicanery!

Edited by Magi2

fascism:

noun

an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-military-probing-more-possible-civilian-deaths-in-yemen-raid_us_5892bf5de4b0af07cb6b8930?

...medics at the scene said about 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

...U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counter-terrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations. As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

The raid was planned under the prior administration, but Obama obviously didn't execute it because the conditions were not right.
Trump, however, couldn't wait more than one week to get blood on his tiny, woman grabbing, money hoarding hands.

trump fans looking for prescription drug cost drop?

he didn't even MENTION THAT at his conference meeting with Big Time Pharma this past week!

?

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

TRUMP IS RIGHT: "WE'VE GOT A LOT OF KILLERS...OUR COUNTRY'S NOT SO INNOCENT"
But that's only if you take the quote OUT of context.
IN context, our American President is criticizing America and defending Russia, yet AGAIN!

He's not criticizing the killing. He's criticizing the criticizing of the killing. The equivalent of him defending his boasts of assaulting women because "all men do it! But it's not just President's "locker room" talk. In Russia, Putin's opponents end up dead.

As Marco Rubio tweeted, "When has a Democratic political activists been poisoned by the GOP, or vice versa? We are not the same as #Putin." I don't know if Trump will poison me, but he'd surely bully me in a tweet, and try to silence America's free press for reporting it.

Trump attacked Hillary's TV ad as the "dirtiest in history!" Again, RIGHT. It showed him, in his own words, assaulting critic's by appearance and disability. He's verbally assaulted America's allies, America's Judges, America's military and military leaders and his most offensive assault yet has been on our American Constitution.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN? In only 2 weeks, the need has never been greater! And again, next election, it will be his own words used against him.

Posted · Report post

I've always thought that it would take an extra-terrestrial threat to bring people with widely different political views together against a common enemy. Then came Donald.

This excellent article offers some valuable advice on dealing with Donald. Protests get temporary attention, but issue-focused, organized follow-through can get results.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/how-to-beat-trump/515736/

You want to scare Trump? Be orderly, polite, and visibly patriotic.

Trump wants to identify all opposition to him with the black-masked crowbar thugs who smashed windows and burned a limo on his inauguration day. Remember Trump’s tweet about stripping citizenship from flag burners? It’s beyond audacious that a candidate who publicly requested help from Russian espionage services against his opponent would claim the flag as his own. But Trump is trying. Don’t let him get away with it. Carry the flag. Open with the Pledge of Allegiance. Close by singing the Star Spangled Banner––like these protesters at LAX, in video posted by The Atlantic’s own Conor Friedersdorf. Trump’s presidency is itself one long flag-burning, an attack on the principles and institutions of the American republic. That republic’s symbols are your symbols. 

Posted · Report post

Several Super Bowl commercials had a definite political flavor this year.

This one, on the topic of immigration and the so-called president's idiotic Mexican border wall promise, was great.

Well done, 84 Lumber! I'll look for your name on all my future building materials purchases.

The Super Bowl commercials were political, even when they weren't trying to be

Posted · Report post

Trump seems to have a political coffin sized to match his infinitely large ego. No matter how many nails it gets, it never seems to be the final one needed to seal the lid. Our best hope seems to be establishing that he has a treasonous association with Russia and his role model, Vlad.

NO SUPREME COURT JUDGE VOTE UNTIL THE TRUMP INVESTIGATION IS COMPLETED!

The GOP refused to vote on Obama's SC Judge for a year and Trump wanted Hillary disqualified when the FBI announced her email investigation 2 weeks before the election.  She was cleared days later. But we now know that, since months before the election, Trump has been under investigation for colluding with a foreign enemy.

It looks like Russia blackmailed Trump into hiring Russia-linked Putin supporters to run his campaign and work in key positions in his administration. He openly encouraged Russia to hack the U.S. in a speech and still refuses to criticize Russia or share his tax returns.

Trump tried to de-legitimize Obama for years based on birth certificate rumors. Now there is an official investigation that could make Trump an illegitimate President guilty of espionage and treason!

IF THE GOP REFUSES TO POSTPONE THE SC VOTE, THE DNC SHOULD WALK OUT!

Edited by Vii

Might I suggest we take action that is square with the Constitution, and law?  Walking out is disengaging from the political process and does nothing.  And by the way, no matter how much anyone reviles Il Duce, he was elected President. 

Get over it and do something effective to counter him.  Stop concentrating on ridiculous, insignificant issues like unfairness to criminal immigrants. That is exactly why the Democrats lost the election.

Walking out would be asinine.  yeah, that'll show 'em. Isn't walking out not doing your job?  like the Republicans were accused of doing by members of this forum when Obama was in?

Democrats lost both houses.  Its all about votes, and you lost it all. Put your big boy pants on and try to get the voters back on your side instead of alienating.

On November 8, I was closer to being a Democrat than ever in my life.  But then the Dems dug in deeper on their insane issues and ridiculous approach to things, and you lost me.

WE ARE SO SCREWED

Edited by jr2007sc

Posted · Report post

Might I suggest we take action that is square with the Constitution, and law?  Walking out is disengaging from the political process and does nothing.  And by the way, no matter how much anyone reviles Il Duce, he was elected President. 

Get over it and do something effective to counter him.  Stop concentrating on ridiculous, insignificant issues like unfairness to criminal immigrants. That is exactly why the Democrats lost the election.

Walking out would be asinine.  yeah, that'll show 'em. Isn't walking out not doing your job?  like the Republicans were accused of doing by members of this forum when Obama was in?

Democrats lost both houses.  Its all about votes, and you lost it all. Put your big boy pants on and try to get the voters back on your side instead of alienating.

On November 8, I was closer to being a Democrat than ever in my life.  But then the Dems dug in deeper on their insane issues and ridiculous approach to things, and you lost me.

WE ARE SO SCREWED

I agree. A Democratic walkout would do no more than make a statement, which would surprise no one and accomplish nothing.

Democrats must concentrate their efforts on the Trump-Russian connection. Little things like the law have never seemed to keep Donald from doing whatever he thought would make a buck. The dirt must be out there, so find it, get Il Duce out of office, and let's get on with tackling America's real problems

Posted · Report post

i would agree that the time to make a statement was when the GOP refused to vote on Obama's nominee for 10 months
however,
and this JR may agree on
the problem with the Dems is that they have no balls and the GOP knows it
the GOP desperately need to feel the consequences of their actions
especially after nominating a lunatic and getting away with it
and the voters need to see DNC balls, even if it's just symbolic

i agree that the Dems were punished for their immigration flacidity,
but let's never forget that 3 mil more voted for a highly unpopular Hillary
and DT is at a record low favorability in 2 months

Posted · Report post

HEADLINE: White House Says It Will Leave Obamacare In Place If Vote Fails Friday...

and i predict that is exactly what will happen.

despite proposing 50 bills to repeal it since it began,
the GOP never had any real intent to deal with it.
it was just about busting balls.
the Affordable Care Act was written primarily by the health insurance industry (who funds their re-elections)
and it was based on RomneyCare and other past Republican proposals

also, Trump doesn't really give a rat's ass about anything but himself, his whiteness, his maleness, and, of course, his money, so he's done with healthcare

both he and the GOP Congress only want to be able to say they tried, and let the other take the blame

repeal "ObamaCare" and bare the criticism of "TrumpCare?"
LOL
it's been an April Fools joke all along,
and it will be delivered a week early tomorrow

p.s.
i've been predicting this for 6 years on this forum
now we'll see if i knew what i was talking about

Posted · Report post

The new game sensation sweeping the nation.;)

It's not Taboo. It's Trumpoo!

(but first, a word from a sponsor)
Late Show Intro March 22

I've made my position clear on Trump.  You all know what it is.

That being said, the Administration's policy announced yesterday was right on.  Perfect! I would go one step further and start prosecuting mayors and city council members that pass laws and implement policies that thwart Federal Law in sanctuary cities.

Remember in the South a few decades ago when a certain Governor decided his State wasn't going to follow Federal Laws on school integration?  Sanctuary cities are o different.  Could you imagine if cities or hole entire Statesdecided that they would disregard Federal discrimination and Civil Rights Laws? 

You don't just get to do whatever you want because you think its right.

About the wall.... eh, too expensive.  Put the money into better enforcement.

You know what's better and more effective then a wall? Laws that are enforced that without exception make it impossible for illegal to receive ANY public assistance of any kind.  Nothing.  And prosecute companies and their officers for employing  illegals . If less want to come because the goodies are no longer passed out like candy, less will want to come.  And leave more room and opportunity for immigrants who do the right thing and follow our laws and want to truly become an American.  

Edited by jr2007sc

Posted · Report post

HEADLINE: White House Says It Will Leave Obamacare In Place If Vote Fails Friday...

and i predict that is exactly what will happen.

despite proposing 50 bills to repeal it since it began,
the GOP never had any real intent to deal with it.
it was just about busting balls.
the Affordable Care Act was written primarily by the health insurance industry (who funds their re-elections)
and it was based on RomneyCare and other past Republican proposals

also, Trump doesn't really give a rat's ass about anything but himself, his whiteness, his maleness, and, of course, his money, so he's done with healthcare

both he and the GOP Congress only want to be able to say they tried, and let the other take the blame

repeal "ObamaCare" and bare the criticism of "TrumpCare?"
LOL
it's been an April Fools joke all along,
and it will be delivered a week early tomorrow

p.s.
i've been predicting this for 6 years on this forum
now we'll see if i knew what i was talking about

President Trump Tweets Plug for Fox News Host Hours Before She Calls for Paul Ryan’s Resignation

Do you suppose Donald had any advance knowledge of what the "Judge" was going to say? :whistle:

Posted · Report post

not only colluding with Russia, but colluding with his favorite news network to shape the news while trying to silence the Press he doesn't like

Posted · Report post

What do you do when you're GUILTY of treason, as well as a half dozen other things you could be impeached for? Everything you can, no matter how odd or obvious. And that's how it's played out over the last 2 months. The GOP is scrambling to get things done before it all collapses. But instead of results, they're digging themselves a hole next to a leader most of them openly despised before his nomination. It's just a matter of time, a few weeks perhaps, before they cut their losses. Otherwise, an election day of reckoning looms 20 months away, and they won't be able to block investigations after that anyway.

Posted · Report post

Agreed Vii. The question now is whether the Democrats continue to lerch left and alienate disaffected Trump voters or change their tune and pull in the softer Trump Democrats and disgusted ex-Republicans like me by moving away from insane lefty positions.

You know the answer.....