Talking Trump

300 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

i have to say i am enjoying Trump's candidacy. he is refreshing. yes, an ass to be sure and i strongly disagree with him on most things, but i am so sick of the alternate - the usual rhetoric and party politics and ducking the issues (e.g. Hillary'ing)

McCain called himself a "straight talker" but even that was bullshit.  McCain is one of the all-time great liars. in Trump's case he's not really a liar, he's just kind of stupid -- a great mind for making dollars, but not much sense

and you've got to love the predicament it puts the GOP in to have a candidate that exposes the party's inner mind/ass without the usual filter/fog of political war.  the less politically correct he is the more many Republican's like him but the worse it comes across to the majority of the general public.  and the GOP can't dump him because he would do even more damage dividing the vote as an Independent in the general election

Go Trump!

Edited by Vii

Posted · Report post

Trump is exactly the kind of egomaniac who would never accept defeat in the primaries. If he couldn't get on the ballot as an independent, he would spend millions trying to convince citizens to vote for him as a write-in, possibly syphoning off enough of the crazy fringe to make a difference in the Republican total.

Posted · Report post

again, what i love, is the man has the balls to say unfiltered things that many republicans are thinking:
Results from a Fox poll:

Consider this question Fox asked respondents:
“Recently, presidential candidate Donald Trump called for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. He said Mexico is quote, ‘sending people that have lots of problems…. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.’ Setting aside how Trump worded his comments, do you think he’s basically right on this, or not?”

A total of 70% of Republican voters said they believe Trump’s racially charged rhetoric is correct.

in 10 years of hosting this site online, if i had asked every republican if they believe illegal immigrants are mostly criminals, drug dealers and rapists every one of them would have pretended to be insulted.  but a big shot like Trump says it and 70% are comfortable agreeing

what else are they really thinking?

what else are they really thinking?

Number 1. WHATEVER IT COSTS: I DON'T WANT TO PAY TAXES!

Let the Planet die and everyone in it but I STILL don't want to pay taxes! 

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

If we can count on one thing from The Donald, it's that he will never stop opening his enormous mouth.

Could the McCain comments take him out of the lead in the polls? If not, I'm sure he can find the few remaining segments of American society he hasn't yet offended.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-trump-surges-to-big-lead-in-gop-presidential-race/2015/07/20/efd2e0d0-2ef8-11e5-8f36-18d1d501920d_story.html

Meanwhile, the growing number of Republicans calling for Trump to get out of the primary race (the loudest coming from other GOP candidates unhappy with their views of Trump's ass in the polls) raise hope that Trump will go the Independent route and take his dumb-ass supporters with him.

Posted · Report post

my guess is the mccain setback is just trump bump in the road

trump supporters don't really care what he says about mccain

if trump's point was that mccain is no more a war hero than any other American soldier, just because he was captured

he's correct

Posted · Report post

Personally, I think Trump is following the wrong path.  He should apply for the job of the soon-to-retire Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.  If Trump can't make you laugh, no one can!

there will be a whole new set of quotes for that blogger to work on after tomorrow's debate...

my prediction is that he comes out of the debate with a bigger lead
sure, he'll say stupid shit, but the right will admire his aggressive candor
in contrast to the stuffed political suits he's surrounded by
who, btw, will not take him on this debate in the hopes that he damages himself on his own

if he's still leading by next debate they will have to deal with him

Edited by Vii

Posted · Report post

there will be a whole new set of quotes for that blogger to work on after tomorrow's debate...

my prediction is that he comes out of the debate with a bigger lead
sure, he'll say stupid shit, but the right will admire his aggressive candor
in contrast to the stuffed political suits he's surrounded by
who, btw, will not take him on this debate in the hopes that he damages himself on his own

if he's still leading by next debate they will have to deal with him

Give a man enough rope ...

classic GOP hypocrisy

they applauded when Trump made a crude remark about Rosie O'Donnel (and they'd be ecstatic if it was Hillary)
but when he made a crude remark about Megan Kelly, the leaders are offended and righteous

they bitch about "political correctness" but are not shy about playing that card when it is useful

and the truth is, Fox news and GOP leaders want Trump out of contention as soon as possible so they can get on with advancing a more electable candidate

as for the voters, the truth is, both GOP men and women are going to care about his sexist remark
about as much as they cared about his racist remarks
it's the reality of their world (devoid of "political correctness").
his poll numbers won't be damaged

what i do see happening, however,
is that at this pace he will soon be branded a political "loser" (as trump likes to say) because of his temperament.
his vindictiveness is out of control anytime someone says something negative about him

Edited by Vii

How ANY women, esp. voters, can accept his contempt for females is beyond me!

How we (US) can even consider such a crude, bigoted, inhumane person in any government leadership position is ridiculous!

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

-- Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer                                                                                                                                    

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/08/robert-redford-donald-trump-comments

Posted · Report post

thanks, REB, that was a good post...
for me to poop on!

just kidding.  nice job -- onion-ish
i'll have to read more when i have the time

Posted · Report post

thanks, REB, that was a good post...
for me to poop on!

just kidding.  nice job -- onion-ish
i'll have to read more when i have the time

Vii,

Thanks. Feel to revisit any time. The site is not all about politics, but neither is life.

Posted · Report post

I find it humorous (or is it ironic?) that Trump can claim that he is not taking money from billionaires because he is a billionaire.

Now, if the Donald was not a billionaire and needed to go to a real billionaire to sell himself for campaign money (like the rest of the GOP candidates), does anyone think that his winning personality would serve him well in that endeavor?

Posted · Report post

yes, humorous, ironic, and throw in hypocritical.  he is pointing out the corruption while admitting that he has corrupted politicians with his money and he's implying, that the only reason he isn't allowing himself to be corrupted by other people's money now, is because he's got plenty of his own

Posted · Report post

President Trump Saves the World!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/18/politics/donald-trump-jeb-bush-9-11/

Yeah, along with Hurricane Katrina, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the 1906 San Francisco earthquake

What a mindless blowhard!

Carson is closing the gap, but every time I catch an interview with him, I think "Man what a mumbling milktoast." Putin could turn him into a gelatinous mass with one harsh glare.

TRUMP TALKING TO FOX NEWS was hysterical!

THE 3 STOOGES couldn't shut him up fast enough after they questioned him on bush keeping US safe.

Yeah, I remember how condi was out shoe shopping after ignoring  many memos of possible terrorist strikes & bush reading a book to school children when the planes flew into the Twin Towers after there was ignored memos telling horror stories of pilots learning to fly, in the U S, who didn't care to learn to land a plane, ect.,

like stories of planes flying into buildings ; cheney laughing at "hair on fire" warnings from clinton intelligent agents about Al Queda :

Cheney saying the Clinton warnings of  attacks and middle east terrorists was laughable

SURE, bush kept US safe alright

& Trump went on to speak of him going after Saddam who had nothing to do with 9 1 1 & had NO weapons of mass destruction....a phony manipulated long war that threw the Middle East in the MESS  the world is dealing with now and enhanced all that USA hatred now brewing there!

We have to thank Trump for getting that news out to the Fox viewers! 

:P

I loved watching that rerun of Trump on Fox with those 3 Fox ignoramasuses.

As I said, they weren't able to shut him up before he got the message that SHOULD have been thoughly investigated and learned 14 years ago.

I LOVED EVERY second of it

So FUNNY!

WISH I could pull it up for Y'ALL

Edited by Magi2

yes, all of that has been forgotten by the media
once we had journalists in America
now we have "the media"

did trump point some of those things out on fox? when was that?

Edited by Vii

Yes V, within the past week, I saw the rerun on a couple of M S N B C shows. 

Elizabeth H. nearly had a fit as well as the other 2  puppets sitting on either side of her.

It was so funny, they doing their best to shut Trump up & change the subject of the manipulated false info given by the Iraq war Neocon PENAC warmongers . T was able to get out "no WMDS " and a trumped (ironically) up war that greatly cost U S. And had "nothing" to do with 9 1 1!

Hoping you can pull it up! It is SO worth it!

Edited by Magi2

Posted · Report post

The reviews are in, and they ain't good. I watched part of this SNL debacle, and it was painful. The angry mob outside had more than one reason to protest.

From The Daily Beast:

"Over the next several days, a lot of people will be talking about Trump’s time hosting SNL. We know that he thrives on attention, but with so much screen time Saturday night, he may have finally reached the dreaded saturation point that will make potential voters start seriously looking elsewhere for someone who seems more like a president and less like one of America’s biggest comedy stars."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/08/trump-bombs-terribly-as-snl-host-is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end.html